Re: [TenTec] Tuner for Centurion to balanced antenna

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner for Centurion to balanced antenna
From: "Gregory J Knapp" <gknapp@freshrain.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:35:30 -0700
I'd just like to thank everyone who replied to my request for advice.
The response, both on and off the list, has been incredible and I am quite
overwhelmed by the expertise, hints and kinks, and practical knowledge shared.
I am new to this list (but have had and loved Ten Tec gear since my Ten Tec
PM3A days about 30 years ago), but I am amazed at the willingness of you all to
help me out!
Based on all the list postings and private Emails I received, my wife (KB6TTC)
and I have decided to obtain a Johnson KW Matchbox (or equivalent from a
private party) and start with simple dipole setup, somewhere around 140 feet
long and up 78 feet at the center, and see how that works. Thanks too for all
the advice on how to properly bring the open wire feed line from the antenna to
the operating position, and what to avoid--we learned so much from you all!
I must say that words fail me to express how overwhelmed we are by the quality
and thoughtfulness of your responses. The amount of your valuable time spent
sharing your experiences with me (some even sending me EZNEC plots of various
configurations) is a most wonderful gift. Ten Tec people are the GREATEST!
Thank you all so much! Hope to hear you on using the new antenna system by this
Fall!

73 & God Bless,

Greg, N6GK
Linda, KB6TTC