Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec analyzer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec analyzer
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:30:50 +0000
I excitedly went to the ten tec website to look at the new analyzer which
they want $655 for, and immediately read:

USE YOUR PC AS LOW-COST RF VECTOR NETWORK ANALYZER

stopped reading and moved on.

I can't take a PC with me out to an antenna feedpoint.    I don't see a PC
coming with me up on a roof or tower (assuming I had the nerve to climb one,
which I don't).   I guess I'm sticking with my old beat up MFJ.   OTOH, as a
piece of equipment for a bench, it's probably pretty neat for all that it
can do for homebrewing and design.  It looks like TT used F jacks for the
RF--the ones normally used for cable TV appliances.  Did I see correctly?
I wish they had used BNC.

rob/k5uj