Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Antenna
From: Greg G <seminole791@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:16:19 -0800 (PST)
I agree with K4TAX with his suggestions. In this case, you would be better
served to construct a simple dipole for 6 or even a full wave loop. Since your
existing loop is fed with coax the losses would be too great on 6 even if you
had a tuner to make the radio happy. Might be a different story if your loop
was fed with ladder line but still would not be the best route to go.

I would also agree that a beam would be the way to go, especially running 8
watts as the 1208 does. Personally I don't have a beam but I use a full wave
horizontal loop at about 25 feet.

I noticed that you are in the Detroit area based on your signature. I am
basically across Lake Huron from you (Georgian Bay) and perhaps we can work
each other. I too have a 1208 transverter so maybe we can chat some time.

Good luck with your 6 meter station.

73,
Greg VA3KUG