[TenTec] TenTec Service

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Service
From: "ROBERT CARROLL" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:31:21 -0500
I got my Orion I back from TenTec today.  The turnaround was about two
weeks.  The unit was about 3 weeks over warranty when I shipped it back, but
TenTec covered the repair at no charge and with no shipping charge.  I
really appreciated that.

They found the TXCO on the synthesizer board had indeed gone insane and for
some reason they replaced a transformer in the subreceiver.  The part they
returned seemed to be electrically ok, so I am puzzled as to why it had to
be changed. They brought a number of boards up to date, but alas, the long
awaited V2.0 firmware was not installed.

Happy New Year to All

Bob W2WG