[TenTec] Thanks for help on Orion

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Thanks for help on Orion
From: "Charlie Hugg" <hug-a-bug1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:11:49 -0600
I received several responses to my posting on the problems with my Orion. I
tried everything suggested and was able to at least listen to the Sub
Receiver on earphones. The Main Receiver is still dead, no sound even on the
headsets, no movement at all on the Main Receiver S-Meter, and it does not
transmt.
On the Sub Receiver everything seems to work, but still no audio out of the
Internal Speaker. The radio has been boxed up for over a year, so maybe
something
has corroded. I will call TenTec on Monday and arrange to send it in for
repairs. I am very impressed with the Orion in spite of these problems.
It is a beautifully built rig and I am pleased with what I am hearing on the
Sub Receiver. Great Audio and great Selectivity.
Thanks for all the suggestions I received. Carl Moreschi, N4PY was
especially helpful. We talked on the Phone and he walked me through all
relevant controls that I might have incorrectly set. I tried a Master Reset
and a RAM Clear.  Afterwards he was pretty sure it is a hardware problem.
Charlie Hugg, K5MBX