Re: [TenTec] Orion II Reviews?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Reviews?
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:39:48 EST

Well there has been a lot of discussion on the Ten Tec reflector about the  O
II.  but that is neither here or there..  I had a 756, and still  have a 746
pro, ts 2000, ft 847, corsair II and scout, and two ft 857 d's among  others,
and what do I use day today and in contest... The Orion ( mine is  an
original) .

On ssb you can bring the BW down, add attenuation and such and make the  band
feel like everyone lined up 5 kc's apart and all are in order, and  behaving.
.  you can just about kill the QRM from adjacent stations, and on  cw you can
get down to 100 cycles for a single signal.

it is easy to work split and on cw the differential reception is a  miracle.
I  had the 756 and the Orion together for a while and sold  the 756.  the
Orion does it all and better.  I will probably get the O  II later, but right
now
the Orion and the alpha 87 A do the trick for me..

My opinion, only

Your Mileage May Vary..

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 2/2/2006 4:24:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,