Re: [TenTec] PARAGON vs OMNI V VI VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PARAGON vs OMNI V VI VI+
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:28:15 -0500
As Ten Tec's first synthesized HF radio, I think some maligned the Paragon
unfairly. There were some teething issues (reminds me of what you read on
the Orion) due to some mechanical soldering problems on the PLL board, but
those were addressed and for my money the Paragon is hands down the best
value in a top end radio out there! I have had mine for several years and it
is great. It replaced a Kenwood TS-930, which was no slouch itself, but the
Paragon clearly beats in every aspect. In our morning drive-time 2m
get-together we have 3 committed Paragon users, and a couple more using
Omnis or Deltas. Nobody wants to trade to a different radio.

As an aside, like someone mentioned about the Collins S-Line (truly classic
good looking rigs), I think the Paragon and Omni V-VI radios are the best
looking modern rigs. I was sorry that Ten Tec went to the basic black or
gray of the current line.

=Vic=
WA4THR