Re: [TenTec] The Bug

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Bug
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:27:39 -1000
No reason you cannot use a good stable Ten-Tec transceiver in CW mode as
a VFO to have some degree of frequency agility. You're going to have to
work on the tank circuit a bit to get it to 160 or 75 meters anyway, so
why not make it tunable.

I'm thinking an RCA BT1K. Push Pull 833s modulated by Push Pull 833s.
It's only a kW. Since it is a 50s vintage TX, 50's vintage ham power
limits should be appropriate way to maintain purity and stability to a
level the state of the art permits. And it will fit in a one car garage.

DE N6KB