[TenTec] S-Meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] S-Meters
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:18:48 -0500
Hi,

Since the whole concept of RST is pretty theoretical, what's the different how
an S-meter performs?  I've been a ham for 35 or 40 years and my 579 to station
is not some other ham's 579 to a station.

I have a Kenwood TS570 with a bar illustration for an S-meter.  I'm not sure
what it means.  I also have run a Yaesu FT-897D.  I had no idea what's going on
with that digital bar which goes back and forth, back and forth.

My best rig is an OMNI VI Plus.  I like watching that meter go up and down.
It's a very smooth S-meter but I don't really care if it's several hairs
generous or stingy.

It's all relative.  If you can hear them, you can work them.

73s,

Rick
WO8L
North Carolina