Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion? - Correction

To: Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <eric@elecraft.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion? - Correction
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:56:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm, looks like I've been corrected again. But hey I do now
have clearer picture across the board, so I don't need
speculate quite as much anymore. Speculation sure can be fun
though.

I was aware of Lyle's involvement with all those different
things, so it was easy for me surmise that he wasn't really
"employed" any one organization.

So I wonder if I post my speculations (I do have many) about
the IKY brands that someone from those companies would take
the time to reply and "set the record straight"???  .... I'll
indulge in some more speculation and say, ... "no".. ;).

In the final analysis I must say that I'm really quite
pleased to see that the domestic manufacturers of our ham
gear do seem to be listening. Many of the feature and
technology wishes that I have posted my comments about in the
various discussion areas over the last 4-5 years are being
implemented in some form or fashion by the 3 main USA based
players in the amateur radio transceiver market. Good times
are indeed here.

So excuse me once again while I go find that soap and wash
cloth to remove some more egg :).

Duane
N9DG

--- Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <eric@elecraft.com> wrote:

> Hi Duane,

> A couple of corrections to your posting. Lyle, our DSP
> expert, is a full
> salaried member of the Elecraft engineering staff. He was
> also deeply
> involved in -all- of the K3 design from the start. He is
> also a major
> contributor to the AMSAT satellite CPUs and the hpsdr
> group. (Both of those as a volunteer.)

<snip>