[TenTec] Omni C help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C help
From: Jerry Kitterman <jerry.kitterman53@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:38:09 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen,
I have a Omni C and recently I have been getting drifty reports on cw which is
all I use it for. Also, I hear the same drifty sigs on my end too on all cw
signals. When I tap the top or face of the rig nothing happens but if I tap the
tuning knob it shifts in freq. I have been told I need a pto rebuild. Dont want
to send it to TT because I don't want to put much money in it but if the
rebuild is all I need I will do that myself. Any ideas? TIA and happy new year
to all.