Re: [TenTec] humm

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] humm
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:25:24 -0500
Ok, I'll bite.  I'll regret it, but I'll bite.

Ground surges won't arc across stuff and run from place to place through
your rig and other expensive equipment if ALL grounds, everywhere at your
QTH are
SECURLY bonded together.  As is required by code anyway.  THEN, all grounds
will rise to the same, equal potential when a surge occurs, resulting in no
voltage between
the various grounded points, and thus no current.

Failing this - virtually ensures that the ground path will lie through your
equipment, and will toast it.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ