Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 plus chirp on 30 meters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 plus chirp on 30 meters
From: "Malcolm McLeman" <malcolm.mcleman@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 02:25:02 +0100
Mci bcp yrs below Walt.
Like many, I've never owned a rig from new and have never bought using the
original price tag as a parameter.
My Corsair-1 I bought because I heard it on the air, cw qso G3KQS to
TA2/G3UIN and was hooked immediately by its outstanding  cw note.
Eric/G3KQS (sk) eventually sold the rig to me with a duff PA..
I have to admit opening the lid and seeing TT's construction practice for
the first time I was rather taken aback!
Replaced the final trannies and bingo never looked back till I moved on to
the Corsair2 which is still my shack work-horse.
Why my JST135 choice?
At that time, and also introduced to me by G3KQS, I was into HAL Corp's
Clover.
The 135 was the only rock solid synthesised rig that came anywhere near the
Corsair's superb  receive sensitivity.
I still have fun today comparing the two when working DX.
73 de Malcolm/F5VBU