Re: [TenTec] Century/22 power out

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century/22 power out
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:21:11 -0400
Rob:

This is interesting. My C 22 has low drive on 80 m as well. It seems to
get worse as the rig warms up. I checked the 80 m  bandpass filter and
it looks OK. I am thinking that maybe the 80 m crystal, which is 10 MHz,
has low output and I was about to replace it, but first I'd like to
learn what the 40 m null pot does and how it affects 80 m.  By the way,
the 80 m bandpass filter is not adjustable, but the filters for the
other bands are.

I have an original manual plus a downloaded one (not from Ten Tec) which
has a note for setting driver and final bias, but nothing on the null pot.

Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks.
                                        73,

                                        Bob WB2VUF