Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:03:01 -0600
I do agree, Gordo should have been more precise, but I see no conflict
with Gordo's meaning, if he meant the shape of the power envelope (as I
think he did), and Severn's second quote you have, "except to increase
the power radiated for a given power input."  To me shape is not an
angle, but a 3 dimensional concept.  It is kind of like how many angels
can sit upon a head of a pin?  And I can't of course, speak for Gordo.
However, I know he has
trained a lot more hams than any of us. Let us each have our opinions,
and go on to more specific Ten Tec topics.  Based on the other G. West
training materials, I think he knows his antenna theory, but like all of
us do from time to time, may have not stated this precisely enough to
all ears.
-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH