Re: [TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Omni VII w/ auto-tuner (588AT)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Omni VII w/ auto-tuner (588AT)
From: amsctalx@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:04:04 +0000 (UTC)
"'Comparison videos'? Tell me you're not watching YouTube videos - I have yet
to see a single YouTube video of a radio that was set up properly, not to
mention the crappy audio transferred to video. "

Yes I am.

Point taken, but I can't imagine it's that hard to turn coax switch from "1" to
"2"...this is exactly what I would do. Yes, there will be differences in audio
quality, but when you can hear a weak station next to a strong one on radio "1"
and can't pick it out of the QRM on radio "2"...that's kind of telling to me.
I'm not comparing bass response due to cabinet volume, I want the one that
helps me hear best.

At the end of the day, I'll end up doing what I do with my listening room
speakers and motorcycles...try everything until I find the one that I like for
the my tastes as they are today. I'm just hoping I find it sooner than
later...and that it isn't something exotic like a Hilberling PT-8000 :)

Mike Alexander

amsctalx@comcast.net