[TenTec] ORION II and Elecraft P3 panadpter?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ORION II and Elecraft P3 panadpter?
From: David Perrin <dbperrin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:21:22 -0400
Trying, without success so far,  to get my Orion II and P3 panadapter to work
together. I bought and built the Clifton Labs buffer amp and have confirmed a 9
MHZ sine wave in and out from a signal generator. Followed the directions, I
thought,  to locate the Orion II i.f.  across R26 on the i.f. board. I don't
seem to get any signal there. Can anyone redirect me to the location to pick
off the i.f.? One side of the signal is ground which I have taken on the
outside circuit trace around that area on the board.

Any suggestions?

73 de Dave, K1OPQ