Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 05:04:04 -0500
Bob,
        That was a great suggestion about cleaning the controls in the bias
circuit. Most times I use a fine line marker and place a line on the body
and shaft of a critical control adjustment. In that way I get closest to
the original setting when finished with the cleaning. As for intermittent
connections, as a boy when changing the channel on the TV ( mechanical
tuners ) I was hollered at many times.... " Don't spin the dial so fast,
you are going to tear the TV up. "  You can imagine how confused I was when
my TV Repair Elmer sprayed stuff into one and Spun the thing for all it was
worth. Some here may be too young to remember when a person had to get off
the couch and go over to the TV and turn a big knob to change channels. I
was Dad's remote control for 18 years or longer. Kids and parents just
don't interact like they used too. I vote that we bring back the Vertical
Hold Control on All TV Sets !!! Our TV never looked good unless there was a
paper Matchbook wedged behind the Tuner Knob. Have I triggered some
memories?

                                                          73 to all de
Wade/KJ4WS