Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 07:14:27 -0500
Some of the newer radios, Argonaut VI and Eagle, the S meter is not affected by the AGC speed selection. Also, and I believe correctly applied, the use of the RF Gain or attenuator function, does not affect the S meter display. In other words, the S meter calibration always references S-9 being equal to 50 uV at the antenna terminal.

As I haven't had an Orion or Orion II on the bench in some months, I may not accurately recall some of the specifics for these radios.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>