Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:27:54 -0500
Based on the development of the S meter system by Art Collins of Collins Radio, the S meter should always indicate accurate signal strength. Over the years I've had several inquire about this and my reasoning is this. If your change the receiver RF Gain did you actually change the stations signal strength? The same applies to when the ATTN function is engaged or when the PRE function is engaged. Therefore the S meter display should not reflect any change in receiver parameters inflicted by the operator.

My take ...... Tentec does it correct.....many other companies only give relative display values of no substantive meaning.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>