Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Argonaut 505 with low output

To: Ten Tec List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Argonaut 505 with low output
From: Steve Mercure <w5en@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:48:34 -0600
Hey Neil, when you say that you, "went to try your first CW contact.." does
that mean you have made SSB contacts with the Argonaut?  In other words is the
power output the same rather low number in both CW and SSB modes?  If SSB power
is good, but low on CW I'd suggest exercising then cleaning the mode switch.  I
can not tell you how many radios I've "repaired" just by working the mode and
band switches, then some Deoxit carefully applied.

The Argonaut is a fun radio, wish I had one again!   Wait there is a hamfest
near me soon.......

73 de W5EN Steve