Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec custom enclosures comment...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec custom enclosures comment...
From: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 11:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
Pete,

I suspect they'll keep their in-house engineering staff that spec'd out the
enclosures and the plastic injection mold requirements.  It's not uncommon to
have other companies make the molds for the plastic parts.  There is economies
of scale by having an outside resource build the molds and then a product shop
run the molds to create parts.  You have to consider in your cost of doing
business equations - how can you support on sight staff if you don't have that
many new products being developed.  TT's approach won't be uncommon from many
other small manufacturers.  Personally, it isn't something I'm sweating when it
comes to their viability.  I do feel bad for staff that may be let go, but
hopefully as they sell off machinery another shop will pick up the existing
staff.

Just my $.02 view of things.

-Eric
W9WLW