Re: [TenTec] VFO Stabilizer question

To: Jerry Haigwood <jerry@w5jh.net>, 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] VFO Stabilizer question
From: Mike Stricker via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 03:40:13 -0700
I actually considered getting that since the board was fairly small but then I
decided against it.  My rig has no IC's in it and I didn't feel like
modernizing it:-)  I was also a bit concerned that it may generate in-band
birdies.

In the end, I cut a piece of FR-4 protoboard to the exact size that I needed
and made a mezzanine card out of it so it fits perfectly within the rig.

There is also a person who advertises on www.qth.com  Since I enjoy building
things, I couldn't see spending $70 +/- for something with < $5 of parts.

Hams are cheap...I mean frugal:-)
Mike, WA1SEO