Re: [TenTec] Where is TEN-TEC today?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Where is TEN-TEC today?
From: John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:16:37 -0700
JR;  I wish Ten Tec the very  best  and may very well buy another Ten Tec since
my wonderful OMNI VII plus is such a great transceiver and is getting OLD and
being  being OBSOLETED  to keep up with the "Jones". The Omni VI Plus is, in my
opinion, a great radio that will do all that the non contesting and ego feeding
amateur operator needs and would use.

But before you assume that someone, who probably has barely stayed afloat
themselves, is going to rescue Ten Tec take a look at the unstable history of
Alpha and its' successors. There are Alpha  Amps out there that you might be
able to get tubes for or may not.  I feel sure that if they are doing well, it
is because they may build RF Amps for the medical or industrial field.
There are hams who would pay a Zillion dollars to have a rig that very few
other hams could buy, but most egos like that cannot be satisfied because their
wallet or spouse will not allow it.

Over the past years, I have visited Pigeon Forge, Sevierville , visited Ten Tec
many times and have been to the Ten Tec Fest  .We will be in Pigeon forge for a
week after we leave the Huntsville Ham fest on our way to Shelby Ham Fest., but
I see no value in going by just to see my friend Stan.

This is a discussion, not a debate because we all wish the best for Ten Tec,
but we wish to hear things that are more like the initial cry of a new born
baby than a death rattle.  Lets talk about Alpha/whatever it is today and then
maybe we can become more enthused about the marriage. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW