Re: [TenTec] Tentec omni V tweak frequency

To: "'Paul Gates'" <paulgates80@yahoo.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tentec omni V tweak frequency
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:12:09 -0400
Says who?

Sorry Paul, I respectfully disagree with you.

Yes, kc & Mc... strictly speaking kc/s & Mc/s... are old fashioned
terminology.  But there's nothing wrong with them.

Since a Hz IS a CPS, the two terms ARE interchangeable.

Sheesh.

(And I still think, with all due respect to Heinrich Hertz, that the unit
for frequency should have been named after another legendary scientist and
pioneer, the man who perfected the use of AC generators.  Charles Proteus
Steinmetz.  Granted, Steinmetzes would have sounded awkward... but you could
have just used his initials...)

73, ron w3wn