Re: [TenTec] Mobile

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:25:32 -0500
At 10:21 AM 1/13/2016, John Henry wrote:
I remember seeing a key in Jack Burchfield's car.
He had it under the arm rest in the center of the seat, what I found
interesting, he had it facing forward.
I figured he turned it around to use it, well, I was wrong, He'd lay his
arm on the arm rest and drape his hand over the end, and key it, with it
being backwards. Sorta looked like it was being palmed and keyed.
He would also beta test units in his car that way.

Tnx for the "rest of the story..."  ;-)

I remember talking to Jack while he was  CW/mobile, testing probably
one of the first Scouts.  I recall the signal was intermittent, maybe a
loose connection?  I mentioned it and he said he would "check it out." :-)

Perry w8au