Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:33:09 -0500
I am living and operating from the town of DeKalb, Illinois. We are the proud home of the Glidden S-Barb wire design. The Glidden homestead, and the Ellwood House, are notable local landmarks. Isaac Ellwood bought half of Joseph Glidden's patent. Joe made his first prototype using his wife's coffee grinder. Jacob Haish was a local competitor, and from about the mid 1870s through the mid 1930s, DeKalb was the bar wire capital of the world. Some of the original factories are still extant.

Despite all this history, I have never tried barbed wire for an antenna.

73,

Steve WA9JML