Re: [TenTec] Entry level for boys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Entry level for boys
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 10:58:55 -0700
This brings up more memories of how I got started listening to radio. My grandfather was an EE who worked in the coal mines, and he had all the latest gadgets. I was seven years old when he died, and his big pre-WWII floor model American Bosch 8-tube radio with several short wave bands got passed along to me. In addition to SWLing on the AM band, I found Willis Conover's Jazz Hour on the Voice of America and a couple of ham bands. Yes, WSM, but also late night jazz from WWL, WHO, WHAM, WMAQ, WCFL, and WCCO. Jazz and ham radio became two life-long loves.

Jim K9YC