[TenTec] Omni VI+ low power on 12 meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ low power on 12 meters
From: Phil Erickson <phil.erickson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:45:08 -0500
Hi all,

  Thanks very much to this list for the S meter troubleshooting on my Omni
VI+.  Still finding time to effect that repair but I know now what to do.

  I have discovered something else though: the rig has low output power on
12 meters only.  Specifically, when using the TUNE button into a calibrated
Diamond power meter and dummy load, I get 90+ watts out at all frequencies
except 12 meters, where I only get ~4 watts maximum.  Current draw from the
power supply is also way down there, as one would expect, so it's not that
I'm dumping a lot of power somewhere else other than the output connectors.

  Looking at the schematics, I doubt it's the low pass filter board because
there seems to be a single output LPF for both 10 and 12 meters, and 10
meters is doing just fine.  That leaves the BPF/front end board if I read
this correctly since it appears the BPF there are used for both TX and RX,
but not sure where to start troubleshooting the low final output on that
band.

  Any good ideas?

Thanks!

73