[TenTec] using TT Century 21 with external TT PTO

To: ten tec list <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] using TT Century 21 with external TT PTO
From: Brian <brianpepperdine@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 17:26:30 +0000
Hi. Well, seems we all have the time perhaps to play with the projects long
awaiting.

Since re-doing the TT PTO is not something many want to have to do.. I have two
C 21 radios here and a C 21-Digital. All have frozen PTO.
I have rebuilt PTO a few times.. for an OMNI C and an Argosy II I know for sure.

So before I go into any of them and do a PTZO (would like to bring back the
Digital one first if I can)  I'd like to sort of pre-test the C21s I have here
to see their state re. which one is not in poor shape generally by by-passing
the existing PTO and using the output from an external TT PTO (remote PTO)  I
have that does work... I've had it on my Corsair II and OMNI D.

>From what I can see on some docs on doing a DDS vfo replacement the DDS idea
>works for Corsair II etc as well as C 21..... so I assume my remote PTO would
>suffice for the C 21 to test them out for rcv/xmit etc.
Any warnings or anything regarding hooking up the remote PTO to those wires
that come out of the C 21 PTO   OR do I have to hook up the wires from the
remote PTO to some other place within the C 21.

My other radios have a VFO input on the back.. the C 21 does not so I am a bit
shy of understanding where I can safely inject the remote PTO signal.

tnx
Brian VE3VAW