TopBand: Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: lew@teleport.com (lew@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:09:24 -0800 (PST)
      The 3rd running of the Stew Perry TopBand Dx Challenge will start
Dec.26. Sponsored by the Boring Amateur Radio Club with several great
Plaques gifted by serious TopBand enthusiasts, the Contest will run for 24
hours. Please check the site below for the specific rules. Peruse
the plaque categories below to appreciate some of the nuances available
for the contesters.
    http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband/stew97.html

Don, KH8/N5OLS - Top S/O Score Worldwide
Lance,"Low Band Monitor" - Top S/O Score North America
Joe, AA4NN - Top S/O, Hi-Power European Score
Eric, N7CL - Top S/O, 100W Pacific Rim, Indian Ocean, non-America Score
Al, K7CA - Longest 100W non-skedded Q wid all contest Q's < 100 Watts
Jim, K1PX - Top S/O Low Power European Score
Bob, NW6N - Top West Coast USA Score
Mel, KJ9C - Top Black Hole USA Score (defined by > 400 miles from ocean)
Nick, VK9LX, "Who's Who on TopBand" - Top Multi-Op Score
Wayne, N7NG - Top QSO Total
Scotty, WA2DFI - Top S/O Canadian Score
Jim, K4SQR, "Comtek Systems" - Top S/O East Coast Score
Dennis, K0CKD - Top Score by Operator > 50 Years of age
Jim, N7JW - Top Japan Score
Jon, N0JK - Top Score, 100W, S/O, West of Mississippi and East of Rockies
from a C C & R antenna restricted QTH
        If you are in the running for a particular category, such as age
or C C & R sillyness, please indicate that on your entry. The Boring
Amateur Radio Club is capable of many things...but mind reading is not one
of them.
   Whispers of EU and DX are being heard even as I type this from West
Coast USA. Appropriate incantations, sacrifices and permutations have been
executed to attain the best conditions possible for the Contest.
   For those few plaque donors who have forgotten to send in the
donation..please do so. My wife reminds me of last year frequently.
   Will hear you on the TopBand Dec. 26-27!
    73 and I remain,
    Lew     w7ew/w7at
    Extorter/Exhorter: Charge' de Affairs - Neat-O Plaques
    The Boring Amateur Radio Club

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT           lew@teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz