TopBand: HC8N, Reflector, etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: HC8N, Reflector, etc.
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 18:26:07 -0500 (EST)
Hello Topbanders!

        I've got my bags packed for HC8 including materials for at least
2 Beverages (800m of aluminum wire, transformers, terminations, etc.)  I
will try to be QRV after our cruise ends on 16 February in the mornings
and possibly evenings (XYL permitting!)  Trey N5KO is the station owner
and I am not sure what call he uses outside of the contest (possibly
HC8/N5KO).  We will obviously be working W/VE only in the ARRL contest
but will try to make some 160 QSO's before and after the contest.  I will
be going to Quito (HC1) on February 22 but do not expect to be able to
get on Topband.  Perhaps I can at least investigate the possibility for
a future trip.

        While I'm away, Tree N6TR (tree@contesting.com) will be handling
admin duties for the reflector.  Thanks in advance to Tree for doing this.
In the meantime, good luck to all and I hope I can give a few of you a
new one from HC8!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV