Topband: Conditions from Ohio

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions from Ohio
From: jmaass@columbus.rr.com (Jeff Maass)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:08:30 -0500
WOW! Conditions this morning were reminiscent of 1997!

Lots of EU on when I awoke from my nap at 0620Z. I *finally*
worked San Marino (T77C) after being shut out for it in
several seasons.

Most interesting QSOs were the *simultaneous* QSOs with PY2FUS
and SM5EDX, who were CQing on precisely the same frequency (1833.6)
at 0658Z. I threw in my call to the pile calling, and both answered! Both
worked, although not as gracefully as I would have liked. They did not
hear each other.

I hope these conditions hold up for the Stew Perry this coming
weekend!

 Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
    Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm