Topband: Use of the RCS-4 for Remote Beverages?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Use of the RCS-4 for Remote Beverages?
From: n5ia@zia-connection.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:02:31 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>

> Part of my idea is to run coax out to the center of the field, and
> then use an Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch as the center hub.

Bill,

I used two of the RCS-4 in Yangon, Burma, for the XZ1N DXpedition in 1998.
Worked well.  I have used them here at home and in portable operations many
times through 1,000's of feet of 1/2" and RG-6 CATV cable.  In all cases
they work great for the 4 selection situations.

> I am also considering putting one 9:1 xmfr inside the RCS-4 and
> then just running the each Beverage wire into each of the four
> antenna jacks ... thoughts on this ? (4 wires, 4 directions, etc. ...)

My answer echoes what Tom has written.  Use separate two winding
transformers and separate ground rods for each Bev.  Good luck.

Milt, N5IA