Topband: Shunt Fed Tower Info

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower Info
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed Aug 6 11:51:22 2003
> I sure agree with Earl, Don and Herb.....but I would stay away from
> Quarterwave radials. It's almost impossible to get more than one of them
to carry any
> significant current.

Significant amounts of measured data prove otherwise. There is nothing in
the article that supports the conclusions of the article.

Think about what the article claims.

The idea that making an already-too-small radial system SMALLER would
somehow suddenly make it work like a better larger system is silly. It's
like claiming a short coil -loaded antenna has less loss than a full-size
antenna, because current in the halves is more symmetrical when it installed
in a cluttered environment.

73 Tom