Re: Topband: More clicks with QSK?

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <k1htv@verizon.net>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: More clicks with QSK?
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:17:26 -0500
Hmm, what would have been the cause of the blackened, pitted contacts
on the antenna relay on my AL1200, which I had to replace, before I
caught on to the delay settings in my MP.

I would definitely have to vote in favor of killing relays by hot
switching. I doubt the "properly timed" exists all that frequently.
Particularly where both sides of the switch are done on the SAME
relay, and the relay used is a bone-stock inexpensive 2P or 3P relay
where all the contacts, points and travel are manufactured
identically.

Your post seems to imply that there's nothing to worry about. Is that
what you intended?

73, Guy.