Re: Topband: full wave loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: full wave loop
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:49:45 -0500
>>What is consensus of opinion re: full wave loop on 160. Cloud burner?
Advantages ?  Disadvantages ?
Would only be 50' above ground.

Robert,

I'm a new op to 160, but I can tell you that it is supposed to work at that
height (50') with resulting lower angles of radiation.  EZNEC simulation
tends to support that idea.  ARRL antenna book has some more details on the
"sky loop," which is a full wave in size.

I have one on my lot but have not had a chance to get it above the ground.
It's insulated wire with PVC coating, sitting on the ground.  Obviously a
cloud burner at this point, although it does OK on 80, about half as good as
my windom at 32 feet.

Hopefully this week I will have some time to elevate at least one leg (the
onw with the with the feedline) up to about 40 feet or so.  I'll let you
know what I hear.

 http://www.qsl.net/kd4sai/loopant.html

Mark
WD4ELG