Re: Topband: Vee Beams

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Vee Beams
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:00:58 -0600
CX6VM wrote:

>I forgot to tell that the idea is a SLOPING Vee Beam, apex at 110''
>and the 2 ends at ground level, terminated in a 450 ohms resistors
>connected to ground rods.

For a sloping terminated vee starting at 110 ft and sloping to ground, I
don't think it will beat a 160 meter vertical no matter how long you
make the legs.  That is just too low to the ground.  If you kept the
whole thing 100 ft above ground (no small feat) and then dropped wires
to the ground at the ends and made it about 4 wavelengths per leg, then
you might be able to beat a 160 meter vertical in one direction.  If you
could get the antenna higher (maybe 200 ft), it should beat a 160
vertical with only 2 wavelengths per side.

Jerry, K4SAV