Topband: Impedance of two wires to ground?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Impedance of two wires to ground?
From: Michael James <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:03:53 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I'm looking for the formula to calculate the surge impedance of two wires
parallel to the ground, given the diameter of the wires, the wire spacing, and
height above ground.

I know I've seen the formula in a textbook in my library some years ago, but
I'll be darned if I can find it.

I'm fairly new to the topband list, and I'm impressed. I don't see the usual
bickering and personal attacks common elsewhere. If 160 meters is the
"Gentleman's band", then this is the 'gentleman's list'.

TIA and 73,
Mike W0BTU