Re: Topband: Shunt-fed tower vs. T-vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt-fed tower vs. T-vertical
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 05:51:00 +1200
Hi Julius,

The SteppIR is not difficult to modify so that all of the elements act
as top loading.  I did that to my antenna in 2005, and there is an old
file on the SteppIR Yahoo group showing how I did this.  There was
absolutely no effect whatsoever on the performance on the HF bands.

73, Greg, ZL3IX

On 2010-07-15 02:59, Julius Fazekas wrote:
> I do have a 4 element Steppir on it, but without modification, the elements
> won't add to the top loading, only the boom.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK