Topband: Elevated Feedline for RX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Elevated Feedline for RX
From: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:12:59 -0400
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:57:55 +0700
From: "Jo, YC0LOW" <yc0low@gmail.com>
To: topband@contesting.com

Hi friends,
I am in preparation to erect 4 sq rx array, made in Hi-Z Antenna (tnx
Lee, K7TJR), for this topband season. I finally, could rent a flat and
wide opened land-lot which is enough to fit the antenna footprint
without any inductive sources or houses nearby. But, the site is
located almost 500 meters from my shack. And, I can only elevate the
feedline (Belden RG6-U) because the housing developer restricts me to
bury the coax.
I have no experience in elevating feedline such long for RX antenna
(only had it for few meters when it's crossing the road).
Need your advices/suggestions to make it alright. I may be the first
to use this array in YC-land and hopefully will be able to receiving
better on topband, soon. TIA es 73 de Jo, YC0LOW.

Jo,

I am going to cross post this to the Hi-Z website for you in case someone
there has an idea that would help in addition to input from this august
group.

I'd keep the feedline up high enough that humans and animals will not be
able to pull it down. I'd also run the control line with the coax. But, how
are you going to get around the issue of voltage drop in a 1500' run?

We all are pulling for you and hope this is the magic you need to work us!

Craig K1QX

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209