Re: Topband: The Slingshot Option

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The Slingshot Option
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:41:39 -0400
I am also a die-hard bow/arrow user, having shot lines over 120 footers ....  a
couple of options to consider:

To weight the arrow, tape two 1/2 inch nuts over the end of a target arrow....
be sure to tape well to cover the end of the arrow/nut combination in case the
arrow takes a flyer... don't want the point sticking into something.... (I
guess you could remove the point first)....

Paint the arrow with fluorescent paint if shooting in the woods (they are hard
to find otherwise)

I shoot 8 lb line, then use it to pull 20# line, and THEN pull 1/8 inch to 3/16
inch rope.... less chance that the pull line will break if the rope snags. I
use an old bow with about 60# pull.

Usually can place a line within a foot or two of ideal location in just a few
tries... a lot less frustrating than using slingshot or throwing a weight

Mel KJ9C
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK