Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical.

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical.
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:07:45 -0400
Well, Im on top of a pine and oak covered hill these days and RF ground
resistance tests say it aint so hot; about 250 Ohms for the Beverages. There is
about 8-10" of compost and then very bony soil to an average of 18" before
solid rock. Now, the rock what locals call rotten granite as it just flakes
off, is likely due to a high iron content which also affects well water around
here.

Maybe I should try drilling deep into the rock and pounding down a copper clad
rod that is slightly larger diameter.

I still remember driving around when much younger how suddenly the AM BCB would
have much increased signal strengths for a short distance and there was nothing
visible in the area to account for it. Crossing over a large area of fresh
water or swamp always peaked signals even when the road wasnt elevated.

Answers are needed.

Carl
KM1H