Topband: Topband Conditions---MEH!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Topband Conditions---MEH!
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:36:59 -0500
Hi All,

Well, a surefire hint that 160-meters just "...ain't what it used to be" may be
readily seen by even a cursory glance at sites like sk4aw.net and the DX
Edge---few-to-zero posts by North American stations, & even fewer spots of same
by the DX!

The current state of affairs sure does remind me a lot of the post-Christmas
drought on 1.8-MHz last year...only this year the Grinch came early!

John (ON4UN) asserts in his newest edition of LOW-BAND DX'ING that the overall
best season for DX on the band probably occurred in the winter of
2008-2009...and I'm inclined to agree  with him 101%...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK