Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band
From: "Greg" <n4cc@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:28:47 -0700
Sure sometimes there is some inadvertent QRM because of call timing or poor
reception ...but too often it is just plain lack of consideration and
rudeness -- seems to be a sign of the times.  What is becoming of some
people...who call in the pile-ups continuously...on top of stations that are
answered...the dx station says QRZ  "AD" and you hear something like GH,
BGN, or RJ and many others calling, calling, calling.... not because they
can't hear...because they are too self-centered and inconsiderate to wait
and let "AD" make his QSO and finish.   It's disgusting behavior.  What can
we do?  I'm for posting calls on a website of the LIDS for all to
see...Enough peer pressure and maybe they'll get the idea.  Why let a few
ruin it for the rest?  If you know people who do it, call them on it?  Step
up and let's keep 160 as W1BB would have liked -- the gentleman's band.  73
de Greg-N4CC