Re: Topband: The End of Another One...

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The End of Another One...
From: Jeff Woods <jmwooods@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
Same situation here.  My Low-band season runs from Thanksgiving Day to St.
Patrick's Day.  Six directions of beverages go in and come out every year by
the calendar.  I'm very lucky to have 80 acres of empty farm field at my
disposal for the duration of winter.  This weekend begins the task of winding
up about a mile and a half of wire and hauling in 50 or so support posts.

While not as good as last year, the highlight of this year's Low-Band season
was snagging my very first Trans-Pacific contacts during that one really good
opening we had.  Ironically, for all the care I put into getting up a good
beverage directed at JA-land, the best reception was on the SW beverage that
was only put up because it came for free, sharing posts with the NE beverage
and a switchable feed point with the SE beverage. The wire was even free - used
up three end-rolls, spliced together.

That's the magic of top band, isn't it?

See y'all next year.  73 from IA,

Jeff,