Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:38:11 -0400
Thats not exactly what I meant, I was simply stating that "ground wave" on both
bands is excellent. When I was a lot younger those bands were very popular with
commuters on AM.

Radiation at zero degrees wont bounce off anything, it will eventually be all
absorbed by ground losses. Its also doubtful that radiation at 5* will do much
better unless its all over salt water.

Carl
KM1H