Re: Topband: Beverage

To: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:21:06 -0400
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 2:38 PM
Subject: Topband: Beverage

> At low impedance, the impedance can double in inches* of spacing change ,
> at
> high impedance doubling the impedance takes a lot of spacing change,
>
> Electric Fence wire can be mounted vertically to eliminate cross arms.

I believe the problem with that was covered in one of ON4UN's books or
elsewhere.

> Harold Beverage ran the Belfast Beverage spaced horizontally, and
> transposed frequently.   No need to do so now.

Transposing, aka twisting, is automatic with most of the 2 wire cables in
use.W8JI and others claim it improves the balance. All I know is that my 2
wire Beverages have better F/R than the old single ones and they have plenty
of twists all on their own when installing.

Carl
KM1H