Re: Topband: Radials through heavy brush (Was:Radials over a stone wall)

To: "Topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials through heavy brush (Was:Radials over a stone wall)
From: "Jeff" <w7jw@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:27:51 -0400
Another economical and light weight method of pushing wire through brush
would be to use a 10' piece of 1/2" PVC or plastic electrical conduit. In
the case of the electrical conduit it can be extended by adding multiple
pieces together for greater length. It's lite weight and flexible enough to
bounce it with one hand over things like roots or stones that might get in
the way. If you don't want to carry 10' lengths of plastic pipes around,
look in the big box stores or electrical suppliers for threaded push rods
made of fiberglass. Typically they come in 4' sections with 4 or 5 in pack
that threat one onto the other and are brightly colored. That makes it easy
to find in the leaves and twigs.  Just tape your wire on to the end and
push.  Autumn is coming, time to get those TB antennas back in the air.
W7JW