Re: Topband: Ground Screens - Another Small Space Option

To: "Howard K2HK" <k2hk@arrl.net>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground Screens - Another Small Space Option
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:11:26 -0400
Im sure chicken wire lasts longer in the great southwest but it rapidly turns to rust in the acidic soil and acid rain of the New England rust belt. I see rolls of it regularly at our trash transfer station and Id be willing to bet the current Chinese variety rusts a lot faster than the earlier US variety.

I keep stressing that the one size fits all theory of some just doesnt work for Topband antennas and grounds.

It is not recommended to use stranded copper wire for RF or DC/AC grounds and that should also apply to galvanized wire that only has a few twists at each junction. Each junction can eventually become a diode and I believe most of us on here are aware what that can cause.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: Howard K2HK